Stage 4 High-Performance Spyder Shock Absorbers
Our Stage 4 shocks are designed for those who want advanced shocks for their Spyder in an easy-to-use package
The Stage 4 model is derived directly from our top-end Stage 5 model, with which it shares most of the same components. It features a single external compression adjustment knob that controls the low-speed compression damping that is combined with an internal high-speed blow-off circuit which provides a firm and stable ride that is still very compliant to soak up bumps and potholes, all this in a package that is more accessible and easier to adjust.
STAGE 4 // Benefits
- Helps increase comfort and stability under any road conditions, making you feel secure and in control of the vehicle
- Reduce front-end pushing, making the Spyder easier to steer in corners
- Less diving in turns with less kicking from the VSS
- Allows good control of key parameters without too much complexity
STAGE 4 // Available configurations
- Front shocks, 36mm, sold as pair
- Rear shock, 46mm, sold as unit
- Optional remote hydraulic preload adjuster available on select models
STAGE 4 // Adjustment Features
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed slowly. This adjustment controls weight transfers such as upon acceleration and braking, front-end pushing when cornering, riding over bumps at moderate speed, undulations and elevation changes in the road.
To use, turn the red knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
Controls the speed at which the shock absorber returns to its fully extended position after being compressed, keeping the wheels on the ground for maximum traction and reducing the recoil effect caused by the spring pressure pushing back after being compressed.
To use, turn the adjuster clockwise to slow down the rebound or turn counter-clockwise to speed up the rebound.
THREADED MANUAL OR REMOTE HYDRAULIC SPRING PRELOAD
Available as a manual threaded adjuster or convenient remote hydraulic preload adjuster. Lets the rider fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear of the vehicle while setting up the ride height (sag) and to lower or raise the vehicle to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference.
To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle.
STAGE 4 // Technical Features
- Huge oil ports providing massive oil flow
- Equivalent flow capacity upon compression and rebound stroke (1:1 ratio)
- Low restriction of the oil flow = plush, predictable & consistent damping action
- Less stress on internal parts = more durability and longer intervals between servicing
- Components that are precision-machined from aeronautical grade billet aluminum
- Sleek, lightweight reservoir with recessed cap to better protect the nitrogen valve
- Ultra-light spring design with bigger outside diameter and less coil turns, providing important weight reduction while maintaing the reliability and intuitive ride-height adjustability of coil springs vs. air springs
- Reduced weight and friction = less stiction and lower operating temperature = more resistance to fading
- Crossover spacers design that reduces the accumulation of dirt and debris, therefore reducing wear on the body
- Neutral look and colors that blends well with any vehicle model and livery
- Hard-anodized aluminium internal floating piston for low operating temperature
- Aluminum body that dramatically reduces overal weight and better dissipates heat generated during operation
- Hard-anodized to very tight tolerances to improve durability and further reduce friction
- Special thread design on the aluminum body that provides more surface and less friction to making preload adjustments much easier
- Helps relieve peak pressure upon impacts
- Factory-set, no need to adjust
- Provides race-level performance without the added complexity of a separate high-speed adjustment
- Provides a smooth surface that helps reduce internal friction inside the body
- More durable finish than regular sulphuric anodization generally used on lower-end products
- Hard chrome-plated shafts
- Fully synthetic proprietary blend
- Ultra-low friction light viscosity grade
- Ultra-resistant to high temperature
- Extended usable life
Elka’s Unique Benefits
Production Lead Time
All our products are built-to-order specifically for each customer.
Our regular production lead time is approximately 5 to 10 business days depending on the current volume of orders.
The estimated delivery date will be confirmed to you when your order is processed with us, based on the shipping mode you will have selected.