Stage 1 Recreational Spyder Shock Absorbers
The Stage 1 is our most accessible entry-level shock model designed to upgrade your Spyder’s suspension beyond the capabilities of the stock shocks
If you believe that your stock shocks are “good enough”, you probably never tried a set of properly calibrated aftermarket shocks. It is amazing how much difference our Stage 1 can make on your Spyder. Even if you just cruise along at moderate speed, these shocks will erase the bumps and get rid of the vibration so you can ride comfortably and in perfect control. However, the more you press the throttle, the more your Stage 1 shocks will come alive and make a night-and-day difference to the handling and performance of your Spyder.
STAGE 1 // Benefits
- To upgrade from or replace stock OEM shocks
- Our most accessible entry-level model
- Simple to use, bolt-on upgrade for improved handling, stability and comfort
- Model-specific tuning, calibrated for your personal weight and type of riding
- Same quality components and careful craftsmanship as our higher-end models
STAGE 1 // Available configurations
- Front shocks, 36mm, sold as pairs
- Rear shock, 46mm, sold as a unit
STAGE 1 // Adjustment Features
THREADED MANUAL OR REMOTE HYDRAULIC SPRING PRELOAD
Available as a manual threaded adjuster or convenient remote hydraulic preload adjuster. Lets the rider fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear of the vehicle while setting up the ride height (sag) and to lower or raise the vehicle to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference.
To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle.
STAGE 1 // Technical Features
- Components that are precision-machined from aeronautical grade billet aluminum
- Sleek, lightweight reservoir with recessed cap to better protect the nitrogen valve
- Ultra-light spring design with bigger outside diameter and less coil turns, providing important weight reduction while maintaing the reliability and intuitive ride-height adjustability of coil springs vs. air springs
- Reduced weight and friction = less stiction and lower operating temperature = more resistance to fading
- Crossover spacers design that reduces the accumulation of dirt and debris, therefore reducing wear on the body
- Neutral look and colors that blends well with any vehicle model and livery
- Hard-anodized aluminium internal floating piston for low operating temperature
- Aluminum body that dramatically reduces overal weight and better dissipates heat generated during operation
- Hard-anodized to very tight tolerances to improve durability and further reduce friction
- Special thread design on the aluminum body that provides more surface and less friction to making preload adjustments much easier
- Provides a smooth surface that helps reduce internal friction inside the body
- More durable finish than regular sulphuric anodization generally used on lower-end products
- Hard chrome-plated shafts
- Fully synthetic proprietary blend
- Ultra-low friction light viscosity grade
- Ultra-resistant to high temperature
- Extended usable life
Elka’s Unique Benefits
Production Lead Time
All our products are built-to-order specifically for each customer.
Our current production lead time is approximately 8 to 10 weeks depending on the current volume of orders.
The estimated delivery date will be confirmed to you when your order is processed with us, based on the shipping mode you will have selected.